Thursday, 24 September 2009

Initial Thoughts & Starting to Edit My Face

Initial Thoughts

Today was out first lecture back and what a challenge we have already been set, we have to create a model of our face with a UVW Map for it and attempt to animate it in 5 weeks!

This definatly was a shock to the system we usually have 12 weeks to complete an assignment and we have less than half the time to complete what sounded like a real challenging assignment.

I like a challenge and this motivated me to get straight onto working on the project so I started with planning out each part and making sure I had enough time that if I made mistakes I would have time to correct them.

Editing My Face

The first task was to edit the pictures of my face that we had taken in the lecture, we took 2 pictures of myself using a digital camera, one of the front of my face and the other of the side of my head.
Now that I have the pictures I needed to use Photoshop to edit the sizes and the distortion so that the images would be exact so that the ears, nose and eyes lined up to create the model of my face.

Once I had the images in Photoshop I had to select "Filter/Distort/Lens Correction" then a new window opened showing the first image (Infront) and it placed a grid over my face for me to change the position of the picture so that my eyes were level.
Using the Lens Correction filter I selected the Straight Line Tool and selected the middle of my eye and lined it up with the middle of the other eye so that the image was level.
Once I was satisfied with the image I edited the 2nd image (side) and repeated the same technique but instead of changing the level I changed the Vertical Perspective so the images were the same sizes and matched up with the ruler tool.

The next step is to create the topology for my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment