To show were the main dominant areas were on my face I used the pen tool on Photoshop and selected a sky blue colour so it would show on my face, then highlighted the main areas on my face such as the forehead, around my nose, cheeks, mouth, chin and any areas on my face where there were different shapes than normal.
Once I had marked the areas that were dominant it was time to start created quad areas with a different colour to show the areas that would need to be pulled out using 3DsMax.I created a new layer and then changed the colour to red and started creating quad formations on my face, I started on the forehead as it was the easiest area to sort the topology. After that it was time to start on the harder areas of the face beginning with the eyes and the nose then onto the mouth and to finish with the other areas in bulk with bigger quads.
Once I had completed the quads on my face I zoomed out from the image to look at the quads and found I had added alot more than the tutorial so I started looking at areas were I had far too many quads doing this made the quad count alot lower but still alot more than I think I need but a talk with the Lecturer will put that straight.Now that I had a completed face model with quads it was time to do the side of my face picture with the lines that show the protrusions of my face with blue lines so that when I put the pictures into 3DsMax it will show were I need to extrude the quads out to.
Time for the next step "Adding The Pictures Into 3DsMax"
A well defined topology.
ReplyDelete