Thursday, 15 October 2009

Animation

UVW Map cont.

First of all I had to finish making UVW Map model for my face so that it fit properly on my head and no areas of the model were black.
I also added hair to the top of the Map as shown by the image.

I then added skin around the ear maps at the bottom of the photoshop file and then placed the image on the material editor on 3DsMax resulting in the image below of the finished head.

Creating Eyes

Creating the eyes were quite easy when you think about it, I opened up Photoshop and opened my Head image file and using the selection tool I selected my eye and copied it onto the new Photoshop file. I then edited the colouring around the iris and the pupil so that all of the area around my eye was the same colour.
I then created a sphere on 3DsMax and make it more oval and fit it into the space were the eyes go on my head and then moved the eye lids on my face model to fit the shape of the eyeballs I had created (sphere).

Then using the material editor I selected a blank material and added the bitmap of the eye I had made in photoshop and then placed the material on the sphere to make it look like my eye.

Then using a UVW Map I changed the placement of the material so it was in the centre of the sphere using the gizmo part on the UVW Map.

This image shows what the eyes look like on my face.
Once I had the skin modelled and the model had some eyes it was time to start animating parts of the head to see if it was possible and to make the model a bit more interesting.

To animate the model I selected the "AutoKey" option at the bottom which brings up a red ring around the screen so that when you move the slider at the bottom for the frames and move a vertex or areas of the head it will record the new position and when the slider is moved it will show the movement on screen.

The areas I wanted to move were the lips, eyes and eyebrows to start, so I clicked on the editable poly option on the right and selected each vertex I wanted to move and then moved it to a position I was happy with and then did the same for the other areas of the face.
Once I had created my animation I selected the Render option chose 800 x 460 resolution and saved it as an "AVI" then rendered it.

This is how my short animation looks.

2 comments:

  1. Animation looks good. Looks realistic as though your model is actually closing his eyes together. Detail on the model looks good too, particularly with the UVW mapping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blinking looks good, Now you just need to smile!

    ReplyDelete