Evaluation & Reflection of the course so far
At the start of the semester when we were given the assignment breif I was shocked at the mammoth task ahead of us, create a whole face model and skin it I was thinking it would be unachievable. But with alot of hard work and many hours of trial and error I made my head and neck with all of the maps and a bit of animation within the time limit which amazed me that I had been able to do.
The tutorials we were referenced to were very useful and made life a bit easier when it came to making our model but was also very frustrating when the parts jumped to a completed head, ear and eyes but using the internet all of the parts that were left out of the tutorials were easy enough to create and the lecturer was very helpful when you needed advice.
The course so far is very enjoyable and fun to do as we are doing something that is interesting and also challenging at the same time.
The main section of this first 5 weeks will hopefully give all of the students new skills that can be used in the 2nd part of assignment for the group work.
The real test for the project will be the interaction between group members and making sure we are all completing the tasks we set ourselves and creating something that is specific to the assignment brief.
Learning Outcomes
Throughout the 5 weeks that we have had to create the model I have learnt alot of new skills in Photoshop and in 3DsMax thanks to the tutorial help and the lecturers input.
I have learnt how to make splines and make them into a 3D mesh, how to create a UVW map of my face and it can be used for larger projects such as a body or an environment.
Alot of the skills I have learnt from the 5 weeks will be so useful when it comes to creating other projects in the near future and the creation techniques will be brilliant too.
Overall I am very pleased with the course so far and am looking forward to the next task to face and see if I can achieve a high standard of work.
Problems Faced
Throughout the process of this module I have encountered some problems such as my topology at the beginning wasnt right and I had modelled the face to the point of creating the symmetry and realised then it was wrong so had to go back to the start and redo the topology. So this meant I needed to re-model the face again but luckily it was only the 2nd week so I had time to remake it and as it was the 2nd time of making it I found I was alot quicker making the mask and the symmetry as I had done it already.
I also had to edit the ear a few times as it didnt look quite right and it wouldnt fit onto the side of my head properly as explained earlier in the blog.
Overall I have learnt to be calm and patient when things go wrong and to take my time over the finer details such as the topology because if that is wrong the whole making of the model will go wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment